Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Group project coming up on Iambik, etc.

Although we've had at least one book recorded at Iambik that involved two narrators, we're getting ready to try something we haven't done before.  Las Vegas Noir is a collection of crime stories by different authors.  Some of the stories feature male narrators and others feature female so we decided (with the editors' blessing) to match our voices with the various stories.

Very excited about this for several reasons.  This will be my first 'crime' read for Iambik and I think the idea of a group project for this is a great one.  Anyone purchasing the book will be able to hear a pretty good sample of many of our narrators.  I'll post later when I know which story I'll be reading.   

Right now I'm plugging along on my latest LibriVox solo, A Yellow Journalist by Miriam Michelson.  It's been awhile since I've read chapters that are as long as 53 minutes -- that's the longest one so far.  Each of the 14 chapters details a different 'story' that the reporter is covering.  I'm enjoying the book (luckily, so is my proof-listener) but I am really ready to come out of my studio/closet by the time I finish each recording.  I've also been keeping up with the weekly and fortnightly poetry readings on LibriVox, too.  It's so easy to forget how much great poetry is in the Public Domain.

Also, I'm so bummed that BBCA's The Hour has finished -- at least until series two.  Really loved that show.

Apropos of nothing, I was listening to Florence Welch earlier and I suddenly thought of Kate Bush.  Welch's voice reminds me a bit of Kate Bush.  Flashback time...

No comments:

Post a Comment