Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New LibriVox project and other updates

I've started working on my newest solo for LibriVox.  I chose a young adult or teenage book called The Girl Aviators and the Phantom Airship by Margaret Burnham.  This book is the first in a series advertised as the 'Girl Aviator Series' and is aimed at teenaged girls on up.  I was happily surprised that these were not already in the LibriVox catalog but, of course, LibriVox always welcomes additional readings of any Public Domain books.  After I finished the last two books I recorded, Peggy's Trial and Camp-Fire Girls in the Country or The Secret Aunt Hannah Forgot, I donated the copies to Project Gutenberg since these books were not yet in their catalog.  I received a very nice thank you email from them and one of their scanners/proof-readers will be uploading these books to PG's database as he finishes them.

I've also continued with my knitting and crocheting for charity.  I finished the cabled hat that was a 'work-in-progress' in a previous post and I've also made some more squares for the Knit A Square project. They have posted a wishlist for the coming year which will be very helpful for me and my knitting friends when we decide what to make other than squares.  In addition to my charity knitting and crocheting, I've been busily at work on a new Amigurumi project.  I'll post more about it with pictures when I'm finished.  Oh, and when Duane and Linda and I were out antiquing near where Duane lives, we came across a shop that had a bunch of old and vintage knitting needles.  Some were even made of bakelite.  Duane and I have both bought some of the old plastic ones and I love knitting with them.  They're so light and smooth.  I haven't tried bamboo needles which I know that many people praise for the same reason.  I just love the idea of using vintage needles.  Apparently this dealer has more needles and has been putting a small bunch out at a time.  Great for us since we can check back to see what's new in style and size.

In the mean time, I'm waiting for responses to various auditions I've sent out for audiobooks for pay including several that will be recorded for Iambik.

No comments:

Post a Comment