Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recording and prepping for my trip to Virginia

I've had to make a scheduling adjustment to my recording priorities.  Instead of the book I had planned to begin next, I'll be starting a young adult book, The Distant Shore, by Debora M. Coty with the possibility of recording the sequel, too.  Since I have a deadline of May 31st for this one, I've moved it ahead of Dust.  Received the manuscript today and prep work begins. 

On the family front, I'm going to be heading to Virginia for a few days in May to visit my sister Heidi and her family.  Can't wait to see two of my three nieces.  I've whipped up the first of two headbands for them that I'll be taking with me.  This was a cute and easy pattern called the 'Checkered Headband' and can be found here.  I decided to add a strawberry button to each of them since I had some left over after using them as decoration on the Amigurumi cupcakes I made for the girls for Valentine's Day.

I also found a darling pattern for a little purse that I hope I can manage to make for all three of my nieces.  I have to finish the two I'm taking to Virginia first since my oldest niece lives here so I have a little more time to work on her things.  I'll post the pattern with pics when I get a chance to start on the purses.

Now it's time to start reading (and marking up) The Distant Shore.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute headband! And George's photo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really easy to make. I'm on the second one now. I'll make Ava's a little later. I think I'll make a green one for her because of her green eyes. :)

    I'll tell George you liked his pic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, but I have a similar headband 80% finished on my desk. Lately whenever I'm having a bad hair day, I make one that matches my outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I like this pattern and wouldn't mind having one for myself but I have to be careful because it doesn't take much pressure around my head to give me a headache. My favorite headbands are the black 'bra strap' style that sold a few years ago. I hoarded them and I use those now. :)

    ReplyDelete