Here's a recap of the lights that I put up to replace the builder's boob lights. First, to refresh your memory, here's what the boob lights looked like:
Here's the light we replaced it with in the upstairs hallway. A fisherman's light with a seed glass cover.
Here's the light we bought to replace the one in the downstairs hall. Love the modern look of this one.
And here's a fuller view of what the downstairs hallway looks like with the new light (above) replacing the boob light.
So, along with the boob light I replaced in the master closet, our house is now boob-light free. I don't just love, I lurve our closet now.
It's nice to get these things done that I've wanted to do for years (in some cases) or because I thought of them after seeing someone else's blog or in a magazine. The blinds are the most expensive of my DIY projects. Of the three lights, the most expensive one -- which was still pretty reasonable -- was the one in the downstairs hallway. It cost approx. $90. The upstairs hall light was around $40, as was the closet light.
Oh, I also made an Ikea run with Duane and Linda last Friday. We all left with a few items but Duane and I both bought one of their new (and, of course, inexpensive) items. I knew that I could find a place to hang this. He doesn't have to be fed or given water and he'll live as long as I like in our powder room downstairs. Our new pet -- a bird in a cage.
|Birdy in the powder room.|