Thursday, April 10, 2014

Amigurumi 'Peep' Bunny Rabbits

I finished my little gifts for my three nieces  (now ages 7, 6, and 4) for Easter.  I found this really cute pattern that reminds me of the Easter bunny 'Peeps' that you see everywhere this time of year.  They were pretty fast to crochet and didn't involve too much 'sewing' of parts together.  (Not my favorite activity.)  I realized after taking the photo below that I should have sewn the ears a little closer together on the bunnies heads.  I've discovered though that you can play with the ears and make them stand up a little straighter as opposed to pointing left and right.  Since the pattern calls for filling the bottom of the 'body' with plastic pellets, these little guys will stand on their own.  I'm giving one of the hot pink ones to my niece who lives near me.  The other two are flying with me to Virginia tomorrow.  As always, all bunnies will be accompanied by a tube of mini M&Ms.  The pattern is actually called 'Love Bunnies' and it's by Erika Hughes.  You can find it here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment